Friday, July 11, 2008

The Hunchback's Office



Bantay Church Bell Tower, originally uploaded by Em Dy.

What is it about hunchbacks and bell towers? Victor Hugo probably started the association with his novel The Hunchback of Notre Dame. In the Philippines, we have the movie/teleserye Kampanerang Kuba.

This is the Bantay Church Bell Tower in Ilocos. Many remember this as the setting of one of FPJ's movies.

From the top, one can have a clear view of the surrounding and skywatch.

This photo is also a good example of scale.

Taken April 2008 in Ilocos, Philippines.

------
This week's Photo Friday theme: The Office

8 comments:

Tom said...

Unfortunately Tom is on bed rest today and for the first time you are stuck with me. I have my orders to visit as many as I can, and make sure the links are working and everyone is being good. I am sure you are all being good.
Tom and I thank you for Sky-Watching this week. I am sure that as soon as Tom's heart beat settles down he will be back here and visiting.

JANE

SandyCarlson said...

What an interesting structure. Your country is chock full of interesting things and beauties.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic photo this is.

esnorway said...

nice pic have nice weekend

Jane Hards Photography said...

Great composition and liked your witty words with this.

docemdy said...

Jane, hope Tom's heartbeat settles down soon. Tell him to take it easy on the caffeine and to slow down.

Sandy, I'm learning a lot too about your country from your blog.

Quinttarantino, thanks!

Esnorway, you too!

Babooshka, salamat!

AnneKa said...

Hallo from north Norway. Last week I saw all Sky Watch Friday photos and they were all great, and I hope to see them all this week too. I love to travel around the world this way.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful sky watch and have a great weekend!

Fugazi said...

Great SWF contribution.

BTW.
I am in a photocontest this week too please vote for me...
The picture is called * Himmelske farger*

https://lagring.online.no/sections/competition/view.php?id=11&sortby=votes

Thank you for helping me:)